Elemens sentence example
- Tournefort, Elemens de botanique (1694); Institutiones Rei Herbariae (1700).
- Of translations may be mentioned Les Elemens philosophiques du citoyen (1649) and Le Corps politique (1652), both by S.
- de Sorbiere, conjoined with Le Traite de la nature humaine, by d'Holbach, in 1787, under the general title Les Ouvres philosophiques et politiques de Thomas Hobbes; a translation of the first section, " Computatio sive logica," of the De corpore, included by Destutt de Tracy with his Elemens d'ideologie (1804); a translation of Leviathan into Dutch in 1678, and another(anonymous)into German - Des Englanders Thomas Hobbes Leviathan oder der kirchliche and biirgerliche Staat (Halle, 1794, 2 vols.); a translation of the De cive by J.
- Poinsot's earliest work was his Elemens de statique (1803; 9th edition, 1848), in which he introduces the idea of statical couples and investigates their properties.
- He was also a member in 1794 of the committee on agriculture and the arts, and technical science was further indebted to him for a systematic exposition of the principles of dyeing - Elemens de l'art de la teinture, 1791, of which he published a second edition in 1809, in association with his son, A.Advertisement
- and iv., 1828, 1829) subsequent to the memoir by Gergonne, Considerations philosophiques sur les elemens de la science de l'etendue (Gerg.