Eleison sentence example
- The fire was then kindled, and his voice as it audibly prayed in the words of the "Kyrie Eleison" was soon stifled in the smoke.
- KYRIE (in full kyrie eleison, or eleeson, Gr.
- "Kyrielle," a shortened form of Kyrie eleison, is applied to eight-syllabled four-line verses, the last line in each verse being repeated as a refrain.
- In many parts of Germany the seasons of Lent and Advent are still marked by the use of emblems of mourning in the churches, by the frequency of certain phrases (Kyrie eleison, Agnus Dei) and the absence of others (Hallelujah, Gloria in excelsis) in the liturgical services, by abstinence from some of the usual social festivities, and by the non-celebration of marriages.
- Kyrie eleison, ninefold, and sometimes lengthily farsed representing an older, now obsolete, litany.Advertisement