Electrostatic force sentence example
- Before the spark happens lines of electrostatic force stretch from one to the other in curved lines.
- This process will go on until the simultaneous separation of electric charges produces an electrostatic force strong enough to prevent further separation of ions.
- Similarly he came to see an electrified body as a centre of a system of lines of electrostatic force.
- Maxwell never committed himself to a precise definition of the physical nature of electric displacement, but considered it as defining that which Faraday had called the polarization in the insulator, or, what is equivalent, the number of lines of electrostatic force passing normally through a unit of area in the dielectric. A second fundamental conception of Maxwell was that the electric displacement whilst it is changing is in effect an electric current, and creates, therefore, magnetic force.
- After he had educated himself by the study of the phenomena of lines of magnetic force in his discoveries on electromagnetic induction, he applied the same conception to electrostatic phenomena, and thus created the notion of lines of electrostatic force and of the important function of the dielectric or non-conductor in sustaining them.Advertisement
- An electrometer is an instrument for measuring difference of potential, which operates by means of electrostatic force and gives the measurement either in arbitrary or in absolute units.