Eldad sentence example
- In North Africa, probably in the 9th century, appeared the book known under the name of Eldad ha-Dani, giving an account of the ten tribes, from which much medieval legend was derived; 2 and in Kairawan the medical and philosophical treatises of Isaac Israeli, who died in 932.
- Book of Eldad and Modad.
- 265-266.) Book of Eldad and Modad.
- The Lord is nigh unto them that turn to Him, as it is written in the book of Eldad and Modad, who prophesied to the people in the wilderness."
- The one exception is a prophetic writing, the apocryphal Book of Eldad and Modad, A careful study of practical Christian ethics at Rome as implied in the Shepherd, will be found in E.Advertisement
- Eldad ben Mahli >>
- ELDAD BEN MAHLI, also surnamed had-Dani, Abu-Dani, David-had-Dani, or * the Danite, Jewish traveller, was the supposed author of a Jewish travel-narrative of the 9th century A.D., which enjoyed great authority in the middle ages, especially on the question of the Lost Ten Tribes.
- Eldad first set out to visit his Hebrew brethren in Africa and Asia.
- Apart from these tales, we have the genuine Eldad, a celebrated Jewish traveller and philologist; who flourished c. A.D.
- 1165) and the narrative of Eldad; but the affinity is not close.Advertisement
- Eldad is quoted as an authority on linguistic difficulties by the leading medieval Jewish grammarians and lexicographers.
- The work ascribed to Eldad is in Hebrew, divided into six chapters, probably abbreviated from the original text.
- Ghnebrard was published at Paris in 1563, under the title of Eldad Danius..
- Epstein, Eldad ha-Dani (Pressburg, 1891); D.
- Muller, "Die Recensionen and Versionen des Eldad had-Dani," in Denkschriften d.Advertisement
- It is generally agreed that to E belongs the passage describing the outpouring of the Spirit on Eldad and Medad and the remarkable prayer of Moses in xi.