Eisenlohr sentence example
- Eisenlohr (Abst.
- It was formerly the custom to assign the invention of algebra to the Greeks, but since the decipherment of the Rhind papyrus by Eisenlohr this view has changed, for in this work there are distinct signs of an algebraic analysis.
- (12) Eisenlohr, Ztschr.
- 7, ABC is any triangle 1 Eisenlohr, Ein math.
- This difficulty has, however, been lessened since the translation and publication of the papyrus Rhind by Eisenlohr; 1 and it is now generally admitted that, in the distinction made in the last passage quoted above from Proclus, reference is made to the two forms of his work - aL a - Tr Epov pointing to what he derived from Egypt or arrived at in an Egyptian manner, while indicates the discoveries which he made in accordance with the Greek spirit.Advertisement
- Eisenlohr, Em mathematisches Handbuch der alten Agypter (Leipzig, 1877); F.
- Eisenlohr and others, with the view of determining the direction of the vibrations in polarized light (vide infra), but the results have not been consistent, and H.