Eilean sentence example
- For fully three-fourths of its length Loch Shiel has a south-westerly direction, but at Eilean Fhianain (Finnan's Island) it strikes towards the west.
- Nearly all the islands lie north and east of Slattadale, the largest being Eilean Subhainn, or St Swithin's Isle, which contains a small lake 750 ft.
- Towards the west end is Eilean Gorm (the green isle), and near the north-western shore are the falls of Ledard.
- The sheltered anchorage inlet on the north side of Eilean Mor.
- Machair nan Eilean Siar (Machair of the Western Isles ).Advertisement
- Only 2 hours away is the famously picturesque Eilean Donan Castle which is well worth a trip to the west coast.
- Certainly in the 16th century Eilean Mor provided shelter to the houses and barns of a farming township.