Eighty-one sentence example
- The eighty-one canons which were adopted reflect with considerable fulness the internal life and external relations of the Spanish Church of the 4th century.
- Four hundred and seven men and twenty-three officers were killed outright, and one officer and eighty-one men wounded.
- It will be seen that the net result of Lassalle's life was to produce a European scandal, and to originate a socialistic movement in Germany, which, at the election of 1903, returned to the Reichstag eighty-one members and polled 3,010,771 votes, and at the election of 1907 returned forty-three members and polled 3,258,968 votes.
- This would fix the date of his death in 738; and, as Alcuin tells us he was eighty-one years old when he died, it may be inferred that he was born in 657 - a theory on which all the dates given above are based, though it must be added that they are substantially confirmed by the incidental notices of Bede.
- He died on the 2nd of March 1840, at the age of eighty-one.Advertisement
- In November 1604 he returned to Mortlake, where he died in December 1608, at the age of eighty-one, in the greatest poverty.
- This declaration was signed by eighty-one members, including many of the feudal nobles and bishops.
- At the age of eighty-one Peale painted a large canvas, "Christ Healing the Sick at Bethesda," and at eightythree a full-length portrait of himself, now in the Academy of the Fine Arts.
- The average expenditure in 1906 for tuition per child enrolled was $4.93, and the average length of the school term was only eighty-one days.
- Oates now (6th September) made an affidavit before Sir Edmond Berry Godfrey to an improved edition of his story, in eighty-one articles.Advertisement
- In 1908 they numbered eighty-one.
- His need of money led him to debase the currency eighty-one times between 1350 and 1355.