Eigg sentence example
- The pitchstone of the Scuir of Eigg is at its margins characterized by a dull semi-opaque matrix which seems to be the result of secondary devitrification.
- The Inner Hebrides are much more scattered and principally include Skye, Small Isles (Canna, Sanday, Rum, Eigg and Muck), Coll, Tyree, Lismore, Mull, Ulva, Staffa, Iona, Kerrera, the Slate Islands (Seil, Easdale, Luing, Shuna, Torsay), Colonsay, Oronsay, Scarba, Jura, Islay and Gigha.
- An instructive example of the similar destruction of a much younger platform is to be found in the terraced plateaus of Skye, Eigg, Canna, Muck, Mull and Morven, which are portions of what was probably originally a continuous plain of basalt.
- These rocks form a prominent feature underneath the basalt terraces of the east side of Skye, Raasay and Eigg.
- Above the highest Secondary rocks on the west coast come terraced plateaus of basalt, which spread out over wide areas in Skye, Eigg, 1VIull and Morven, and form most of the smaller islets of the chain of the Inner Hebrides.Advertisement
- In the Isle of Eigg, for example, the basalts had already been deeply eroded by river-action and into the river-course a current of glassy lava (pitch-stone) flowed.
- It consists of the islands of Canna, Sanday, Rum, Eigg and Muck, lying, in the order named, like a crescent with a trend from N.W.
- Steamers call at Eigg at regular intervals and less often at Rum and Canna.
- from the nearest point of the mainland lies the island of Eigg, or Egg (pop. 211), measuring from N.
- He suggested that the names had been devised lest the Martyrs of Eigg should go nameless.Advertisement
- zig zagging past the island of Eigg, to Loch Nevis.
- Option 2: We sail out for another 5 hours, zig zagging past the island of Eigg, to Loch Nevis.