Eibib sentence example
- The neighbouring race of Namas have another old chief for god, a being called Heitsi Eibib.
- He has intimate relations in peace and war with a variety of animals whose habits are sometimes explained (like those of the serpent in Genesis) as the result of the curse of Heitsi Eibib.
- Heitsi Eibib was born in a mysterious way from a cow, as Indra in the Black Yaj;'r-Veda entered; nto and was born from the womb of a being who also bore a cow.
- Incest is one of the feats of Heitsi Eibib.
- Whether we regard Gaunab, Heitsi Eibib and Tsui-Goab as originally mythological representations of natural phenomena, or as deified dead men, it is plain that they are now venerated as non-natural human beings, possessing the customary attributes of sorcerers.Advertisement
- Wherever Isis found a portion of Osiris she buried it; hence Egypt was as rich in graves of Osiris as Namaqualand in graves of Heitsi Eibib.
- Indra has this zoomorphic feature in common with Heitsi Eibib, the Namaqua god, 10 that his mother, or one of his mothers, was a cow (R.
- Heitsi Eibib, like countless other gods and heroes, is also said to have been the son of a virgin who tasted a particular plant, and so became pregnant, as in the German and Gallophrygian marchen of the almond tree, given by Grimm and Pausanias.