Ehud sentence example
- II), 40 years; Ehud (iii.
- 4 Namely, Moses (in the wilderness), Joshua, Othniel, Ehud, Deborah, Gideon, Jephthah, Samson, Eli, Samuel, Saul and David.
- Ehud (q.v.) of Benjamin or Ephraim freed Israel from the Moabite oppression.
- Thus, in the story of Ehud and the defeat of Moab only iii.
- See further Ehud.Advertisement
- 27) agrees with what is told of the tribe's warriors (see Ehud, Saul, Jonathan).
- 28 sqq., while the Septuagint appends to the close of Joshua the beginning of the story of Ehud (Judges iii.
- Stories of successful warfare and of temporary leaders (see Abimelech; Ehud; Gideon; Jephthah) form an introduction to the institution of the Israelite monarchy, an epoch of supreme importance in biblical history.
- Although the pre-monarchical age is viewed as one of kinglike " judges," the chiefs are rather local heroes (so Ehud, Gideon, Jephthah), and the boisterous giant Samson (Judg.