Ehrenberg sentence example
- Globigerina ooze was recognized as an important deposit as soon as the first successful deep-sea soundings had been made in the Atlantic. It was described simultaneously in 1853 by Bailey of West Point and Ehrenberg in Berlih.
- Augsburg was taken, the pass of Ehrenberg was forced, and in a few days the emperor left Innsbruck as a fugitive.
- Ehrenberg's monograph, which contained a mass of detail regarding their structure.
- Ehrenberg included the Rotifers in his Infusionsthiere, and described and figured with fair precision many of the genera and species.
- Subsequently 6 they were termed Bryozoa by Ehrenberg (1831).Advertisement
- Ehrenberg, " Die Korallenthiere des Rothen Meeres " (Berlin, 1834); Abhand.
- Besides Kuhschwanz, a peculiar kind of beer, it manufactures tobacco, cigars, shoes and hosiery; and coal-mining is carried on in the neighbourhood, It was the birthplace of the naturalist Christian Gottfried Ehrenberg (1795-1876), and the political economist Hermann Schulze-Delitzsch (1808-1883), to the latter of whom a statue has been erected.
- Ehrenberg adds a list of 8 Polygastric Infusoria, 1 fossil infusorian, 5 Phytolitharia and several microscopic fungi.
- Muller knew several important forms in 1773, while Ehrenberg in 1830 had advanced to the commencement of a scientific separation and grouping of them, and in 1838 had proposed at least sixteen species, distributing them into four genera.
- Astasia Ehrenberg 1838, is a small flagellate, of extremely fast movement, which reached great densities in this culture.Advertisement
- Humboldt, Ehrenberg and Gustav Rose also paid in the course of these years short visits to Siberia, and gave a new impulse to the accumulation of scientific knowledge; while Ritter elaborated in his Asien (1832-1859) the foundations of a sound knowledge of the structure of Siberia.