Ehec sentence example
- The invasive types of E. coli are called enterohemorrhagic E. coli (EHEC), and enteroinvasive E. coli, (EIEC).
- EHEC can produce complications leading to hemolyticuremic syndrome (HUS), a potentially fatal disorder marked by the destruction of red blood cells and kidney failure.
- EHEC has become a growing problem in the United States because of outbreaks caused by contaminated food.
- A particular type of EHEC known as O157:H7 has been identified since 1982 in undercooked hamburgers and unpasteurized milk and apple juice.
- Bloody diarrhea, sometimes called dysentery, is produced by EHEC, EIEC, some types of Salmonella, some types of Shigella, and Yersinia.Advertisement
- Because of concern about EHEC outbreaks, however, most laboratories in the United States as of 204 screen for O157:H7 with a test that identifies its characteristic toxin.