Eglises sentence example
- The book of order, Discipline ecclesiastique des eglises reformees de France, regulated the organization and procedure of the churches.
- In 1848 an assembly representative of the eglises consistoriales met at Paris.
- When it refused to discuss points of doctrine a secession took place under the name of the Union des eglises evangeliques de France.
- In 1858 there were 617 pastors and the Union des eglises evangeliques numbered 27 churches.
- Denifle's La Desolation des eglises, monasteres et hopitaux en France pendant la guerre de cent ans.Advertisement
- His Autonomies ecclesiastiques; eglises separees (1897), in which he speaks of the origin of the Anglican Church, but treats especially of the origin of the Greek Churches of the East, was received with scant favour in certain narrow circles of the pontifical court.
- Their worship was prohibited, and their chief pastor, Leger, was obliged to flee, and in his exile at Leiden wrote his Histoire generale des eglises vaudoises (1684).
- § 29 et seq.; Lining, Geschichte des deutschen Kirchenrechts (1878); Duchesne, Eglises separees (1905), Les Premiers temps de l'etat pontifical (1904).
- His brother, CHARLES AUGUSTIN COQUEREL (1797-1851), was the author of a work on English literature (1828), an Essai sur l'histoire generale du christianisme (1828) and a Histoire des eglises du desert, depuis la revocation de l'edit de Nantes (1841).
- Pears, Fall of Constantinople (1885), The Destruction of the Greek Empire (1903); Gibbon, The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire; Salzenberg, Altchristliche Baudenkmale von Konstantinopel; Lethaby and Swainson, The Church of Sancta Sophia; Pulgher, Les Anciennes Eglises byzantines de Constantinople; Labarte, Le Palais imperial de Constantinople et ses abords.Advertisement
- In 1852 a change took place in its constitution., The eglises consistoriales were abolished, and in each parish a presbyterial council was appointed, the minister being president, with four to seven elders chosen by the people.
- Cette ville asiatique aux innombrables eglises, Moscou la sainte.