Edwardine sentence example
- Parker's consecration was, however, only made legally valid by the plentitude of the royal supremacy; for the Edwardine Ordinal, which was used, had been repealed by Mary and not re-enacted by the parliament of 1559 Parker owes his fame to circumstances rather than to personal qualifications.
- Parker thus was consecrated by a true bishop according to the Edwardine ordinal, i.e.
- Roman authorities have from the beginning and throughout consistently repudiated orders given according to the Edwardine ordinal.
- those given according to the Edwardine book.
- He could not doubt for a moment the utter invalidity of Edwardine ordinations to the priesthood.Advertisement
- We may grant the pope's contention that the Edwardine church had no belief in priests who offered in sacrifice the body and blood of Christ or in bishops capable of ordaining such priests.
- Puller, The Bull Apostolicae Curae and the Edwardine Ordinal.
- In it he lays the chief stress on the indeterminate nature of the Anglican form " Receive the Holy Ghost " at least from 1552 till the addition of the specific words, " for the office and work of a bishop (or priest) in the church of God," as also on the changes made in the Edwardine order " with the manifest intention...