Edvard sentence example
- Bergen is the birthplace of the poets Ludvig Holberg (1684-1754) and Johan Welhaven (1807-1873), of Johan Dahl the painter (1788-1857), of Ole Bull (1810-1880) and Edvard Grieg the musicians.
- Pram (1756-1821), author of Staerkodder, a romantic epic, based on Scandinavian legend, and Edvard Storm (1749-1794), were associates and mainly fellowstudents at Copenhagen, where they introduced a style peculiar to themselves, and distinct from that of the true Danes.
- Edvard Lembcke (18r5-1897) made himself famous as the admirable translator of Shakespeare, but the incidents of 1864 produced from him some volumes of direct and manly patriotic verse.
- The match manufacture, for which it is principally famous, was founded by Johan Edvard Lundstrdm in 1844.
- See Peter Edvard Holm, Danmarks indre Historie under Enevaelden (Copenhagen, 1881-1886); Adolf Ditleva Jorgensen, Peter Griffenfeldt (Copenhagen, 1893); Robert Nisbet Bain, Scandinavia cap. x., xi.Advertisement
- As hundreds of college dorm rooms adorned with the infamous Scream print can attest, Edvard Munch is still a famous artist today, over 60 years after his death.
- Back in 1850, three men (Aaron Dennisson, Edvard Howard and David Davis) founded the Waltham Watch Company in the U.S. The company was the first industrial watch manufacturer in the entire world.