Edme sentence example
- Bourg, called Saint Edme; Morin de Gueriviere, Quelques souvenirs..
- The theorem of Torricelli was employed by many succeeding writers, but particularly by Edme Mariotte (1620-1684), whose Traite du mouvement des eaux, published after his death in the year 1686, is founded on a great variety of well-conducted experiments on the motion of fluids, performed at Versailles and Chantilly.
- Edme Champion's Introduction aux essais may also be noticed, and Professor Dowden's Montaigne (1905), which has an excellent bibliography.
- Edme Bouchardon >>
- This theory was adopted by Edme Mariotte, Sir Isaac Newton and Thomas Young; and, although certain of their assumptions were somewhat arbitrary, yet the general validity of the theory has been demonstrated by the researches of J.Advertisement
- St Edme (Comptes rendus, 1886, 106, p. 1079) sheet nickel is passive to nitric acid, and the metal remains passive even when heated to redness in a current of hydrogen.
- EDME MARIOTTE (c. 1620-1684), French physicist, spent most of his life at Dijon, where he was prior of St Martin sous Beaune.