Edmd sentence example
- Female carriers of EDMD are at risk for heart block.
- Fewer than 300 cases of EDMD have been identified.
- X-linked diseases include DMD, BMD, and EDMD.
- Most men with EDMD survive into middle age, although a defect in the heart's rhythm (heart block) may be fatal if not treated with a pacemaker.
- Accurate genetic tests are available for DMD, BMD, DM, several forms of LGMD, and EDMD.Advertisement
- For EDMD and BMD, for example, an electrocardiogram may be needed to test heart function, and hearing tests are performed for children with FSH.
- The arrhythmias of EDMD and BMD may be treatable with antiarrhythmia drugs such as mexiletine or nifedipine.
- People with dystrophies with significant heart involvement (BMD, EDMD, Myotonic dystrophy) may nonetheless have almost normal life spans, provided that cardiac complications are monitored and treated aggressively.