Edictum sentence example
- Important inscriptions were found at Geronthrae (Gerald), notably five long fragments of the Edictum Diocletiani, and elsewhere.
- (51155 8), and the Edictum Chilperici (561-584), chapter iii.
- edictum, from e, out, and dicere, to say, speak), an order or proclamation issued under authority and having the force of law.
- Unable to take Milan, Conrad issued in May 1037 an edictum de beneficiis, by which he decreed that the principle of heredity should apply in Italy to lands held by sub vassals,, and that this class of tenants should not be deprived e;f their lands except by the sentence of their peers, and should retain the right of appeal to the emperor.
- His works include Ad Sabinum, a commentary on the jus civile, in over 50 books; Ad edictum, a commentary on the Edict, in 83 books; collections of opinions, responses and disputations; books of rules and institutions; treatises on the functions of the different magistrates - one of them, the De officio proconsulis libri x., being a comprehensive exposition of the criminal law; monographs on various statutes, on testamentary trusts, and a variety of other works.Advertisement
- Roman law owes much to Hadrian, who instructed Salvius Julianus to draw up an edictum perpetuum, to a great extent the basis of Justinian's Corpus juris (see M.