Eder sentence example
- (Tacitus, Germania, c. 30), and whose capital, Mattium on the Eder, was burned by the Romans about A.D.
- Early Hesse was the district around the Fulda, the Werra, the Eder and the Lahn, and was part of the Frankish kingdom both during Merovingian and during Carolingian times.
- Besides the rivers just mentioned, there are others belonging to the basin of the Yenisei (Khua-or Khi-khem, Bei-khem and Bornkemchik); while yet others belong to the Selenga, a river formed by the junction of the Eder with the Telghir.
- FRITZLAR, a town of Germany, in the Prussian province of Hesse-Cassel, on the left bank of the Eder, 16 m.
- The chief rivers are the Eder and the Diemel, both of which eventually find their way into the Weser.Advertisement
- The inhabitants to the north of the Eder are of Saxon stock, to the south of Franconian, a difference which is distinctly marked in dialect, costumes and manners.
- by the Sieg and Eder.
- Eder and Edward Valenta.
- the Eder.
- According to P. Rudolph (Eder's Jahrb.Advertisement
- CHATTI, an ancient German tribe inhabiting the upper reaches of the rivers Weser, Eder, Fulda and Werra, a district approximately corresponding to Hesse-Cassel, though probably somewhat more extensive.