Eder sentence example
- (Tacitus, Germania, c. 30), and whose capital, Mattium on the Eder, was burned by the Romans about A.D.
- Early Hesse was the district around the Fulda, the Werra, the Eder and the Lahn, and was part of the Frankish kingdom both during Merovingian and during Carolingian times.
- Besides the rivers just mentioned, there are others belonging to the basin of the Yenisei (Khua-or Khi-khem, Bei-khem and Bornkemchik); while yet others belong to the Selenga, a river formed by the junction of the Eder with the Telghir.
- The chief rivers are the Eder and the Diemel, both of which eventually find their way into the Weser.
- The inhabitants to the north of the Eder are of Saxon stock, to the south of Franconian, a difference which is distinctly marked in dialect, costumes and manners.Advertisement