Eddius sentence example
- See also Eddius's Vita Wilfridii, and J.
- He then became abbot of Bardney, and, according to Eddius, recommended Wilfrid to Coenred on his return from Rome. !Ethelred died at Bardney in 716.
- - Eddius, Vita Wilfridi (Raine), 2 3.4 0, 43, 45-4 8, 57; Bede, Hist.
- At York he renewed Paulinus's old church, roofing it with lead and furnishing it with glass windows; at Ripon he built an entirely new basilica with columns and porches; at Hexham in honour of St Andrew he reared a still nobler church, over which Eddius grows eloquent.
- Wilfrid's life was written shortly after his death by Eddius at the request of Acca, his successor at Hexham, and Tatbert, abbot of Ripon - both intimate friends of the great bishop. Other lives were written by Frithegode in the loth, by Folcard in the IIth, and by Eadmer early in the 12th century.Advertisement
- He wrote Brevis Annotatio, a short history of the church of Hexham from 674 to 1138, for which he borrowed from Bede, Eddius and Simeon of Durham.
- Almost contemporary is the Vita Wilfridi by Eddius, but more valuable are the letters we possess of Boniface and Alcuin.
- 9; the Anglo-Saxon poems, Finn, Beowulf and Widsith; Fredegarii Chronici continuatio and various German Annals; Gesta regum Francorum; Eddius, Vita Wilfridi, cap. 25 f.; Bede, Hist.
- 2, 3 (Oxford, 1896); Eddius, Vita Wilfridi, xiv., xv.
- 23; Eddius, Vita Wilfridi (Raine, Historians of Church of York, '' Rolls Series, vol.Advertisement