Ectotheca sentence example
- ect, Ectotheca.
- 41, C), where, however, there is a further complication in the form of an adventitious envelope or ectotheca (ect.) split off from the gonophore as a protective covering, and not present in Cladocoryne.
- 41, F, G, H), and consists of the spadix bearing the gonads covered by a single layer of ectoderm (ex.), with or without the addition of an ectotheca.
- 44, with solid Entoby concrescence to codon (Ge.) and formation of an ectotheca (ect.).
- 41, D); centrally is seen the spadix (sp.), bearing the generative cells (g), and external to these (1) a layer of ectoderm representing the epithelium of the manubrium; (2) the layer of sub-umbral ectoderm; (3) the endoderm-lamella (ed.); (4) the ex-umbral ectoderm (ex.); and (5) there may or may not be present also an ectotheca.Advertisement
- The process of budding as above described may be varied or complicated in various ways; thus a secondary, amnion-like, ectodermal covering or ectotheca (fig.