Eckel sentence example
- Eckel, Charles le Simple (Paris, 1899).
- Favre, 1893), and Charles le Simple (by Eckel, 1899).
- Other authorities are indicated as follows: The Mineral Industry (1892); b, Idem (1899); C, Idem (1907); e, Journal Iron and Steel Institute (1881), 2; s, Eckel in Mineral Resources of the United States, (published by the United States Geological Survey (1906), pp. 92-93.
- C. Eckel, Cements, Limes and Plasters (New York, 190s); G.
- 1664), a learned Maronite, whose surname is derived from Eckel in Syria, where he was born towards the close of the 16th century.Advertisement
- Of his writings on social and political questions may be mentioned Die Erziehung des Weibes (1865); Ueber die nationals Entwicklung and Bedeutung der Naturwissenschaften (1865); Die Aufgaben der Naturwissenschaften in dem neuen nationalen Leben Deutschlands (1871); Die Freiheit der Wissenschaft im modernen Staat (1877), in which he opposed the idea of l - L eckel - that the principles of evolution should be taught in elementary schools - on the ground that they were not as yet proved, and that it was mischievous to teach a hypothesis which still remained in the speculative stage.