Echevins sentence example
- The magistrates bore the name of scabini (schepenen or echevins), and at their head was the seigneurial official - the schout or baljuw.
- The magistrates, the Schout or high bailiff and his assessors, the Schepenen (scabini, echevins), were nominated by the burgrave from the order of knights.
- The members of the governing body were styled :lures (jurati), pairs (pares) or echevins (scabini).
- Other prud'hommes were occasionally called in, and from 1296 prevot and echevins appointed twenty-four councillors to form with themselves a.
- Particular quarters of mercantile cities were assigned to foreign traders and were placed under the jurisdiction of their own magistrates, variously styled syndics, provosts (praepositi), echevins earliest foreign consuls were those established by Genoa, Pisa, Venice and Florence, between 1098 and 1196, in the Levant, at Constantinople, in Palestine, Syria and Egypt.Advertisement