Echegaray sentence example
- His story has been dramatized by Max Ring, Die Genfer (1850), by Jose Echegaray, La Muerte en los Labios (1880), by Albert Hamann, Servet (1881), and by Prof. Shields, The Reformer of Geneva (1897).
- Pablo de Gorosabel (Tolosa, 1899-1901), the last volume of which by C. de Echegaray, gives the legislative acts down to May 1900.
- Carmelo de Echegaray (San Sebastian, 1895), is excellent.
- Another play, La Ultima Noche, also written in 1867, was produced in 1875; but in the latter year Echegaray was already accepted as the successful author of El Libro talonario, played at the Teatro de Apolo on the 18th of February 1874, under the transparent pseudonym of Jorge Hayaseca.
- Later in the same year Echegaray won a popular triumph with La Esposa del vengador, in which the good and bad qualities-the clever stagecraft and unbridled extravaganceof his later work are clearly noticeable.Advertisement
- El gran Galeoto (1881), perhaps the best of Echegaray's plays in conception and execution, has been translated into several languages, and still holds the stage.
- Echegaray succeeded to the literary inheritance of Lopez de Ayala and of Tamayo y Baus; and though he possesses neither the poetic imagination of the first nor the instinctive tact of the second, it is impossible to deny that he has reached a larger audience than either.
- There have been signs of a reaction in Spain itself, and Echegaray's return to politics in 5905 was significant enough.
- "JOSE ECHEGARAY (1833-1916), Spanish author and playwright (see 8.870), died at Madrid Sept.