Ecclesiastique sentence example
- The book of order, Discipline ecclesiastique des eglises reformees de France, regulated the organization and procedure of the churches.
- In this way we may return to the view that the First Crusade, at any rate, was fait ecclesiastique.
- In 1810 he was sent to a pensionnat ecclesiastique at Paris.
- He published first a collection of Dissertations sur l'histoire civile et ecclesiastique de Paris (3 vols., 1739-1743), then an Histoire de la ville et de tout le diocese de Paris (15 vols., 1745-1760), which is a mine of information, mostly taken from the original sources.
- Religious periodicals date from 1680, and the Journal ecclesiastique of the abbe de la Roque, to whom is also due the first medical journal (1683).Advertisement
- He was not the author of the Histoire ecclesiastique (1580), sometimes ascribed to him; nor, probably, of the vulgar skit published under the name of Benedict Panavantius (1551) .
- From the age of twenty he was at work on his two great books - the Memoires pour servir a l'histoire ecclesiastique des six premiers siecles, and the Histoire des empereurs during the same period.
- About this time he began his great work, the first of the kind in France, and one for which he had been collecting materials for thirty years - the Histoire ecclesiastique.
- Fleury left many works besides his Histoire ecclesiastique.
- The Roman Congregation of the Index condemned his Catechisme historique (1679) and the Institution du droit ecclesiastique (1687).Advertisement
- Of the older literature, Tillemont's Memoires pour servir ¢ l'histoire ecclesiastique des six premiers siecles, vols.
- As a historical writer he is best known by his Histoire ecclesiastique et civile de la Lorraine (Nancy, 1728), founded on original research and various useful works on Lorraine, of which a full list is given in Vigouroux's Dictionnaire de la Bible.