Ecclesiastical-latin sentence example
- Kirchenstaat; in ecclesiastical Latin often Patrimonium Sancti Petri), that portion of central Italy which, previous to the unification of the kingdom, was under the direct government of the see of Rome.
- The substantive occurs in an inscription of the Arvalian brotherhood (Marini, Gli Atti e Monumenti de' fratelli Arvali, p. 639),but is frequent only in ecclesiastical Latin.
- In ecclesiastical Latin nonnus was used by the younger members of a religious community for their elders, and so, in the regula of St Benedict, cap. 62, Juniores autem Priores suos nonnos vocant quod intelligitur paterna reverentia (Du Cange, Glossarium, s.v.
- (2) The confessor in the second sense is now termed in ecclesiastical Latin confessarius (med.
- The term olibano was used in ecclesiastical Latin as early as the pontificate of Benedict IX., in the iith century.Advertisement