Ebrard sentence example
- Olshausen's department was New Testament exegesis; his Commentary (completed and revised by Ebrard and Wiesinger) began to appear at Konigsberg in 1830, and was translated into English in 4 vols.
- Ebrard's Wissenschaftliche Kritik der Evangelischen Geschichte (1842).
- - These methods are now generally regarded as unscientific, and call for no further notice here save to mention that the first was upheld by Hengstenberg, Ebrard, Maitland, Elliott, &c.; the second by Kliefoth, Beck, Zahn, and the third by Auberlen, Luthardt, Milligan and Benson.
- JOHANNES HEINRICH AUGUST EBRARD (1818-1888), German theologian, was born at Erlangen on the 18th of January 1818.
- As a critic Ebrard occupied a very moderate standpoint; as a writer his chief works were Christliche Dogmatik (2 vols., 1851), Vorlesungen fiber praktische Theologie (1864), Apologetik (1874-1875, Eng.Advertisement