Ebal sentence example
- Here, between Ebal and Gerizim, Joshua made his last speech to the elders of the Israelites (Jos.
- It lies in the valley between Ebal and Gerizim, on the main caravan route from Jerusalem northward.
- of the well (Palestine Exploration Fund Statement, 1907, p. 92 seq.); when that village fell into ruin the name may have migrated to `Askar, a village on the lower slopes of Mt Ebal about 14 m.
- They include the rugged bare mass of Gerizim (2849 ft.), the smoother cactus-clad cone of Ebal (3077), and farther south Tell `Asur (3318) at which point begins the Judaean range.
- In the pre-Deuteronomic period altars are erected in any place where there had appeared to be a manifestation of deity, or under any circumstance in which the aid of deity was invoked; not by heretical individuals, but by the acknowledged religious leaders, such as Noah at Ararat, Abraham at Shechem, Bethel &c., Isaac at Beersheba, Jacob at Bethel, Moses at Rephidim, Joshua at Ebal, Gideon at Ophrah, Samuel at Ramah, Elijah at Carmel, and others.Advertisement
- Ai, near Bethel, is taken after a temporary repulse, and Joshua proceeds to erect an altar upon Mt Ebal (north of Shechem).
- 35) but on Mt Ebal (viii.
- incense altar at Ebal was made of stone!