Eanfrith sentence example
- At his death in 633 the kingdom was again divided, Deira falling to his nephew Osric, while Bernicia was occupied by Eanfrith son of ZEthelfrith.
- Both these kings were slain by .Ceadwalla in the following year, but shortly afterwards the Welsh king was overthrown by Oswald, brother of Eanfrith, who reunited the whole of Northumbria under his sway and acquired a supremacy analogous to that previously held by Edwin.
- Bernicia was again separate from Deira under Eanfrith, son of lEthelfrith (633-634), after which date the kings of Bernicia were supreme in Northumbria, though for a short time under Oswio Deira had a king of its own.
- By this he avenged his brother Eanfrith, who had succeeded Edwin in Bernicia, and became king of Northumbria.
- The first kings of whom we read were two brothers, Eanhere and Eanfrith, probably contemporaries of Wulfhere.Advertisement
- His kinsman Osric succeeded in Deira, and Eanfrith the son of lEthelfrith in Bernicia.