Eadred sentence example
- He is said to have been a slave and to have been appointed king at the command of St Cuthbert, who appeared to Eadred the abbot of Carlisle in a dream.
- About the second year of Eadred's reign there was another revolt and Eric Bloodaxe, the exiled king of Norway, obtained the throne.
- During the next few years the kingdom alternated between Eric and Anlaf until 954, when Eadred finally succeeded in establishing his power.
- Eadred placed Northumbria in the hands of a certain Osulf, who is called high-reeve at Bamburgh.
- EDWY (EADWIG), "THE Fair" (c. 94 o -959), king of the English, was the eldest son of King Edmund and lElfgif u, and succeeded his uncle Eadred in 955, when he was little more than fifteen years old.Advertisement
- EDRED (EADRED), king of the English (d.