Eadie sentence example
- - The Rev. Dr Joseph Angus, president of the Stepney Baptist College; Dr David Brown; Richard Chenevix Trench, archbishop of Dublin; the Rev. Dr John Eadie (1810-1876), Presbyterian; the Rev. F.
- Dean Alford, Dr Tregelles, Bishop Wilberforce and Dr Eadie were removed by death.
- Eadie, The English Bible: an External and Critical History of the various English Translations of Scripture (2 vols., 1876: the most complete account); A.
- John Eadie >>
- Ryland's Memoirs of Kitto (1856); and John Eadie's Life of Kitto (1857).Advertisement
- JOHN EADIE (1810-1876), Scottish theologian and biblical critic, was born at Alva, in Stirlingshire, on the 9th of May 1810.
- In 1843 Eadie was appointed professor of biblical literature and hermeneutics in the Divinity Hall of the United Presbyterian body.
- Ellicott (4th ed., 1867, strong in linguistic and grammatical material), Prof. Eadie (Edinburgh, 1869), J.