Eadbald sentence example
- It is mainly Early English, but the original church, attached to a Benedictine priory, was founded in 1095 on the site of a convent established by Eanswith, daughter of Eadbald, king of Kent in 630.
- The three sons of Saberht, however, expelled Mellitus from his see, and even after their death in battle against the West Saxons, Eadbald of Kent was unable to restore him.
- He died probably in 616, and was succeeded by his son Eadbald.
- Eadbald married Emma, a Frankish princess, and died on the 10th of January 640.
- In this year he entered upon negotiations with Eadbald of Kent for a marriage with his sister lEthelberg.Advertisement
- He was definitely recognized as overlord by all the other Anglo-Saxon kings of his day except Eadbald of Kent.