Double-headed sentence example
- The most famous of Hittite reliefs is here - a double-headed eagle " displayed " on the flank of one of the gateway sphinxes.
- For a time it was a pet idea with her to revive the Greek empire, and to plant the cross,with the double-headed Russian eagle at Constantinople.
- The badge is the black double-headed eagle surrounded by a blue-enamelled ornamented border, with the inscription Salus et Gloria on a white fillet; the eagle bears a red Greek cross with gold and blue borders.
- Basil was the first grand-duke of Moscow who adopted the title of tsar and the double-headed eagle of the East Roman empire.
- In 1368 the seal of the city, a double-headed eagle, which in the 14th century took the place of the more ancient ship, was adopted as the common seal of the confederated towns (civitates maritimae), some seventy in number.Advertisement
- The priestesses by whom she was served are depicted in early art as armed with the double-headed axe, and the dances they performed in her honour with shield and bow gave rise to the myths which saw in them.
- The pointer will change to the shape of a double-headed arrow.
- Lascaris Gules, a double-headed eagle displayed crowned, Or.