Diavolo sentence example
- The hills rise, especially on the east coast, to a considerable elevation: the chief heights being in the North Andaman, Saddle Peak (2400 ft.); in the Middle Andaman, Mount Diavolo behind Cuthbert Bay (1678 ft.); in the South Andaman, Koiob (1505 ft.), Mount Harriet (1193 ft.) and the Cholunga range (1063 ft.); and in Rutland Island, Ford's Peak (1422 ft.).
- The brigand Fra Diavolo, the hero of Auber's opera, was a native of Itri, and the place was once noted for brigandage.
- Fra Diavolo was made leader of one of them, and waged untiring war against the French troops, cutting off isolated detachments and murdering stragglers and couriers.
- When Joseph Bonaparte was made king of Naples, extraordinary tribunals were established to suppress brigandage, and a price was put on Fra Diavolo's head.
- Bocca di Tuckett (Campiglio to Molveno), snow Passo di Val Morta or del Diavolo (Val Seriana to Sondrio), foot path.Advertisement
- His real name was Michele Pezza, and he was born of low parentage at Itri; he had committed many murders and robberies in the Terra di Lavoro, but by good luck combined with audacity he always escaped capture, whence his name of Fra Diavolo, popular superstition having invested him with the characters of a monk and a demon, and it seems that at one time he actually was a monk.
- Of Auber's remaining operas (about 50 in all) the more important are: Le Macon (1825), La FiancÃ©e (1829), Fra Diavolo (1830), Lestocq (1834), Le Cheval de bronze (1835), L'Ambassadrice (1836), Le Domino noir (1837), Le Lac des fees (1839), Les Diamants de la couronne (1841), Haydee (1847), Marco Spada (1853), Manon Lescaut (1856), and La FiancÃ©e du roi des Garbes (1864).
- Launched in 1998, the first scent, Diavolo for Men, became an instant best seller in Spain.
- This was followed a year later by Diavolo for Women.
- Based on the original Diavolo fragrances for men and women, this interpretation aims to build on the intensity and drama and create an even more evocative, memorable spirit.Advertisement
- The original Diavolo for Men is described by Banderas as "the most intense aspect of my seductive side."
- Banderas envisions the woman who wears his Diavolo perfume as "sensual, magnetic, independent and mysterious."