Demosth sentence example
- Schafer, Demosth.
- Xepvif30w E'lpy€Qeac (Demosth.
- The tyrants (560-510 B.C.) left to the council its cognizance of murder cases (Demosth.
- Leoc. 52; Demosth.
- From the overthrow of the Thirty to the end of their history they enjoyed a high reputation for ability and integrity (Isoc. vii.; Demosth.
- With regard to the jurisdiction of the council in cases of homicide, the procedure, so far as it may be gathered from the orators and other sources, was as follows: - accusations were brought by relatives within the circle of brothers' and sisters' children, supported by the wider kin and the phratry (Demosth.
- 28.5), bound themselves to the truth by most solemn oaths (Demosth.
- in Demosth.
- (1847-1858); Scholia Graeca in Demosth.Advertisement
- Each hieromnemon was accompanied by two pylagori, elected semi-annually (Demosth.
- 232; Demosth.