Demoivre sentence example
- ABRAHAM DEMOIVRE (1667-1754), English mathematician of French extraction, was born at Vitry, in Champagne, on the 26th of May 1667.
- The life of Demoivre was quiet and uneventful.
- For Demoivre's Theorem see Trigonometry: Analytical.
- On the mother's side he was descended from JamesDodson,F.R.S., author of the Anti-logarithmic Canon and other mathematical works of merit, and a friend of Abraham Demoivre.
- The multi- (or poly-) nomial theorem has for its object the expansion of any power of a multinomial and was discussed in 1697 by Abraham Demoivre (see Combinatorial Analysis).Advertisement