Demodocus sentence example
- Phemius pleases the suitors by singing of the calamitous return of the Greeks; Demodocus sings of a quarrel between Ulysses and Achilles, and afterwards of the wooden horse and the capture of Troy.
- The songs of Phemius and Demodocus are too short, and have too much the character of improvisations.
- The scene of the poem is a real place, and the poet sings (as Ulysses says of Demodocus) as though he had been present himself, or had heard from one who had been.
- 488), where Odysseus suggests that the lay of the fall of Troy by Demodocus was inspired by Apollo or the Muse.
- bard Demodocus.Advertisement
- Next, the herald came forward carrying Demodocus ' ringing lyre.