Democraticrepublican sentence example
- Accordingly, when the DemocraticRepublican party came to be formed, about 1793, it was not to be expected that its leaders would long submit with patience to the continual interposition of Washington's name and influence between themselves and their opponents; but they maintained a calm exterior.
- He followed the Adams-Clay faction of the DemocraticRepublican party in the split of 1825-28, but returned to the Democratic party about 1834 on the bank issue.
- In 1801 he was elected as a DemocraticRepublican to the United States Senate, but immediately resigned to become supervisor of revenue for the district of Pennsylvania.
- Dallas was United States attorney for the eastern district of Pennsylvania from 1801 until 1814, a period marked by bitter struggles between the DemocraticRepublican factions in the state, in which he took a leading part in alliance with Governor Thomas M ` Kean and Albert Gallatin, and in opposition to the radical factions led by Michael Leib (1759-1822) and William Duane (1760-1835), of the Aurora.
- In 1812 the southern or "Old Parish" of Reading, which was strongly DemocraticRepublican while the other two parishes were strongly Federalist, was set apart and incorporated as the town of South Reading.Advertisement