Demi-god sentence example
- Trowbridge, Mirabeau, the demi-god (1907); H.
- He was quite unconscious that his own monotheism was hardly to be distinguished from that of the pagan philosophers, and that his Christ was a demi-god.
- Lessing, who as a youth of twenty came to Berlin in 1 749, composed enthusiastic odes in his honour, and Gleim, the Halberstadt poet, wrote of him as of a kind of demi-god.
- On the possible identity of the name with Usoos, the Phoenician demi-god (Philo of Byblus, ap. Eusebius, Praep. Evang.
- the female Semonia); (2) a being apart from and superior to man (se-homo); (3) a demi-god (semis).Advertisement