Demento sentence example
- A few other parody artists are Bob Rivers, Beatallica, and Dr. Demento.
- During his high school years, Yankovic was a fan of the Dr. Demento radio show, a comedy program that often featured parody songs.
- He recorded a demo called Belvedere Cruising, a tribute to his family's car, and sent it to Dr. Demento, who played it on his show.
- During this same time, Yankovic was invited to be a guest on the Dr. Demento show.
- When he was a senior in high school, Weird Al sent in a tape of a few of his songs to a popular comedy radio host, Dr. Demento.Advertisement
- During his senior year, Yankovic sent in his first tape to Dr. Demento, who hosted a comedy radio program that Weird Al got most of his inspiration for writing comedy music from.
- His track Belvedere Cruisin got airtime on Dr. Demento's show, though another song on the tape, Dr. D Superstar never got any time on air.
- In 1982, Yankovic formed a band after consulting with an agent named Jay Levey, who he met while traveling with Dr. Demento's stage show.