Decurrens sentence example
- decurrens, tan wattle, and A.
- In Libocedrus decurrens (Cupressineae) Lawson describes the archegonia as varying in number from 6 to 24 (Annals of Botany xxi.,1907).
- In the Mediterranean region occur Cupressus sempervirens, Pinus Pinea (stone pine), species of juniper, Cedrus atlantica, C. Libani, Callitris quadrivalvis, Pinus montana, &c. Several conifers of economic importance are abundant on the Atlantic side of North America - Juniperus virginiana (red cedar, used in the manufacture of lead pencils, and extending as far south as Florida), Taxodium distichum (swamp cypress), Pinus rigida (pitch pine), P. mitis (yellow pine), P. taeda,P. palustris, &c. On the west side of the American continent conifers play a still more striking role; among them are Chamaecyparis nutkaensis, Picea sitchensis, Libocedrus decurrens, Pseudotsuga Douglasii (Douglas fir), Sequoia sempervirens, S.
- decurrens of the Yosemite, and Taxodium europaeum.
- Incense Cedar (Librocedrus) - L. decurrens is a handsome evergreen tree of the mountains of Oregon and N.Advertisement
- Some few cultivators have been successful with M. decurrens; once or twice M. ilicifolia has been grown and flowered very well.
- Mutisia Decurrens - Of this, the most beautiful of the three garden Mutisias, a fine plate will be found in The Garden for 1883, p. 553.