Decret sentence example
- It therefore became the custom to lodge a double appeal: one to the archbishop " for defence," and the other to the pope as the real appeal (" Hostiensis," Super Decret.
- Simples Reflexions sur le decret Lamentabili et sur l'encyclique Pascendi, 12m0, 277 pages, was published from Ceffonds a few days after the commentary.
- This famous Decret Cremieux was the origin of the antiSemitic movement in Algiers.
- to affirm that the bishops could not institute the cultus of a new saint without the authority of the Roman Church (Cap. Audivimus, Decret.
- Compare Schultze, Zur Geschichte der Litteratur g iber das Decret Gratians (1870), Die Glosse zum Decret Gratians (1872), and Geschichte der Quellen and Litteratur des kanonischen Rechts (3 vols., Stuttgart, 1875).Advertisement
- The principal authoritative statements of the Catholic Church on the doctrine of purgatory were made at the Council of Florence (Decret.
- u See P. Fournier, " Deux Controverses sur les origines du Decret de Gratien," in the Revue d'histoire et de litterature religieuses vol.
- As the great canonist Gratian remarked on a similar decretal of Pope Pelagius, "Here is a case where lechery has more rights at law than has chastity" (Decret.