Decimus sentence example
- The first was built in 1828 from designs of Decimus Burton, and comprises three arches with a frieze above the central arch copied from the Elgin marbles in the British Museum.
- Probably this was the road taken by Decimus Brutus when he succeeded, after the raising of the siege of Mutina in 43 B.C., in occupying Pollentia just before Mark Antony's cavalry came in sight.
- Towards the middle of the 4th century we have Decimus Magnus Ausonius, a professor of Bordeaux and afterwards consul (379), whose style is as little like that of classical poetry as is his prosody.
- He surrounded himself with a bodyguard of Caesar's veterans, and forced the senate to transfer to him the province of Cisalpine Gaul, which was then administered by Decimus Junius Brutus, one of the conspirators.
- DECIMUS MAGNUS AUSONIUS (c. 310-395), Roman poet and rhetorician, was born at Burdigala [[[Bordeaux]]].Advertisement
- JUVENAL (DECIMus Junius Juvenalis) (c. 60-140), Roman poet and satirist, was born at Aquinum.
- The consuls set out for Mutina, where Antonius was besieging Decimus Brutus.
- 97 f.) broke new ground by suggesting in 1899 that the writer was Isaac, a converted Jew, writer of a tract on the Trinity and Incarnation, who was exiled to Spain in 378-380 and then relapsed to Judaism, but he afterwards abandoned this theory of the authorship in favour of Decimus Hilarianus Hilarius, proconsul of Africa in 377.
- A fleet was hastily constructed in the estuary of the Loire, and placed under the command of Decimus Brutus.