Decazeville sentence example
- DECAZEVILLE, a town of south-central France, in the department of Aveyron, 34 m.
- He was educated for the bar, and made his reputation by his defence, in company with Georges Laguerre, of Ernest Roche and Duc-Quercy, the instigators of the strike at Decazeville in 1883; he then took Laguerre's place on M.
- He had organized in 1826 a society to develop the coal and iron of the Aveyron, and the name of Decazeville was given in 1829 to the principal centre of the industry.
- Decazeville >>
- The chief industrial centres are Decazeville, which has metallurgical works, and Millau, where leather-dressing and the manufacture of gloves have attained considerable importance.Advertisement
- The more important towns are Rodez, Millau, St Affrique, Villefranche-de-Rouergue and Decazeville.