Debeers sentence example
- By the late 1800s DeBeers Consolidated Mines, Ltd. had begun large scale mining in South Africa.
- Many manufacturing operations used large quantities of industrial-grade diamonds, creating a dependence on the goodwill of the British DeBeers, who controlled the diamond industry.
- He feared that this dependence on DeBeers diamonds could be used against the Soviet Union at will.
- They sold most of their gem-quality diamonds to DeBeers.
- Mirny Mine produced large quantities of Silver Bear diamonds and sold most of them to DeBeers over the years.Advertisement
- DeBeers was skeptical and suspicious of the how one mine could produce such large quantities of uniform diamonds.
- DeBeers experts were also surprised that Mirny Mine sustained such high levels of consistent diamond production for years.
- DeBeers estimated that Mirny Mines diamond productions should have declined by the 1970s.
- DeBeers sent Sir Phillip Oppenheimer to investigate Mirny mine operations in 1976.
- The Everlon line was designed and developed by the world renowned diamond company, DeBeers.Advertisement
- Created and marketed by DeBeers, one of the world's best known and most successful diamond companies, the Everlon line of jewelry features designs that are inspired by love knots.
- DeBeers began producing the line in 2009, and the rings are featured in magazine advertisements, television commercials, and radio spots.
- If you believe the DeBeers commercials, the answer is three months'.
- This left DeBeers, which had basically taken over the diamond mining operations in Southern Africa, and which had a huge diamond supply in storage, with a conundrum.
- In 1947, DeBeers launched its first ad campaign using the "A Diamond Is Forever" slogan.Advertisement
- Some argue this piece was added on to discourage people from reselling diamonds, thus lowering their prices and cutting into DeBeers' profits.
- Even if you don't buy a diamond from DeBeers directly, it's very likely it came from a DeBeers mine.
- Some of the more recent DeBeers commercials specifically mention the fact that a man can make "three months' salary last forever," so this is what many, but not all, women have come to expect.