Debats sentence example
- A full report of the trial at Vendome was published in four volumes at Paris in 1797, Debats du proces, &c. (W.
- In 1836 he published, in two volumes, the letters he wrote from America to the Journal des debats.
- This proposal was at once recognized by public opinion - to use the language of the Journal des Debats (May 21, 1909) - as " an instrument of domination " rather than as an attempt to carry out the spirit of the compact under which the Coalition goyernment had been summoned to power.
- At the beginning of the Hundred Days he had violently asserted in the Journal des debats his resolution not to be a political turncoat, and had left Paris.
- From the year 1845 he edited the scientific portion of the Journal des Debats.Advertisement
- After a brilliant university career in Paris he began in 1828 to contribute to the Journal des Debats, on the staff of which he remained for nearly half a century.
- Soon afterwards he exchanged his chair of history for one of poetry, continuing to contribute political articles to the Debats, and sitting as deputy in the chamber from 1835 to 1848.
- The chief organs of the party in the press were the Independent, renamed the Constitutionnel in 1817, and the Journal des debats.
- In the evenings he wrote for the Revue des deux mondes and the Debats the exquisite essays which appeared in 1857 and 1859 under the titles Etudes d'histoire religieuse and Essais de morale et de critique.
- It was Liszt's habit to recommend novelties to the public by explanatory articles or essays, which were written in French (some for the Journal des debats and the Gazette musicale of Paris) and translated for the journals of Weimar and Leipzig - thus his two masterpieces of sympathetic criticism, the essays Lohengrin et Tannhduser a Weimar and Harold en Italie, found many readers and proved very effective.Advertisement