Ddllinger sentence example
- Ddllinger, Johann Huber, Johann Friedrich, Franz Heinrich Reusch, Joseph Hubert Reinkens and others, for refusing to accept them.
- It has been stated that in his earlier years Ddllinger was a pronounced Ultramontane.
- The view held by Gibbon and Ddllinger among others, 3 that the Constitutum is referred to in 1 Dr Hodgkin's suggestion (Italy and her Invaders, vii.
- In 1863 he made a prolonged visit to Germany, where he studied the language and literature, and formed a close friendship with Ddllinger, whose First Age of the Christian Church he translated in 1866.
- Lord Acton, who was in complete sympathy on this subject with Ddllinger (q.v.), went to Rome in order to throw all his influence against it, but the step he so much dreaded was not to be averted.Advertisement
- The school of Cuvier was lamentably deficient in embryologists; and it was only in the course of the first thirty years of the igth century that Prevost and Dumas in France, and, later on, Ddllinger, Pander, von Bar, Rathke, and Remak in Germany, founded modern embryology; and, at the same time, proved the utter incompatibility of the hypothesis of evolution as formulated by Bonnet and Haller with easily demonstrable facts.