Dauphinois sentence example
- ALEXANDER CHARLES OMER ROUSSELIN DE COURBEAU, COMTE DE SAINT ALBIN (1773-1847), French politician, was born in Paris, of a noble Dauphinois family, and was educated at the College d'Harcourt.
- to open negotiations with Henry; he wished to free his hands for an attack on his domestic enemies, who had rallied beyond the Loire under the leadership of the dauphin Charlesfrom whom the party, previously known first as Orleanists and then as Armagnacs, gets for the future the name of the Dauphinois.
- Henry marricd the princess Catherine, received the oaths of Duke Philip and his partisans, and started forth to conquer the Dauphinois at the head of an army of which half was composed of Burgundian levies.
- The siege was long; hut after the last army which the Dauphinois could raise had been beaten at the battle of Rouvray (Feb.
- Under the belief that they were now led by a messenger from heaven, the Dauphinois fought with a fiery courage that they had never before displayed.Advertisement
- He was taken prisoner by the Dauphinois in 1325, thereby losing important estates.
- gratin dauphinois - absolutely yummy.