Darrondissement sentence example
- He is assisted, and in some degree controlled, in his work by the district council (conseil darrondissement), to which each canton sends a member, chosen by universal suffrage.
- In the absence of a tribunal de commerce commercial cases come before the ordinary tribunal darrondissement.
- The Chamber of Deputies, consisting of 584 members, is elected by the scrutin darrondissement (each elector voting for one deputy) for a term of four years, the conditions of election being as follows: Each arrondissement sends one deputy if its population does not exceed 100,000, and an additional deputy for every additional 100,000 inhabitants or fraction of that number.
- Tribunaux de premiere instance, also called tribunaux darrondissement, of which there is one in every arrondissement (with few exceptions), besides serving as courts of appeal from the juges de paix have an original jurisdiction in matters civil and criminal.
- When the, amount claimed exceeds ~ 12 appeal lies to the tribunaux darrondissement.Advertisement