Dargenson sentence example
- After the chancellor DAguesseau and the duc de Noailles had been replaced by DArgenson alone, and after the lit de justice of the 26th of August 1718 had deprived the parlement, hostile to Law, of the authority left to it, the bank became royal and the Company of the West universal.
- one of them, he fell into the hands of several, who disputed among themselves for the ascendancy: Maurepas, incomparable in little things, but neglectful of political affairs; DArgenson, bold, and strongly attached to his work as minister See Marquis de Brhan, Le Comte de Pllo (Nantes, 1874); R.
- Meanwhile the War of the Austrian Succession broke out again, and never had secretary of state more intricate questions to solve than had DArgenson.
- Th~ army, which DArgenson (likewise dismissed by Madame de Pompadour) had been from 1743 to 1747 trying to restore by useful reforms, wa~ riddled by cabals.
- He is his turn tried to stem the tumultuous current which had borne him along, and to prevent discord; but the check to his policy of an understanding with Prussia and with Sardinia, to whom, like Richelieu and DArgenson, he offered the realization of her transalpine ambition in exchange for Nice and Savoy, was added to the failure of his temporizing methods in regard to the federalist insurgents, and of his military operations against La Vend~e.Advertisement